Christmas Day fire destroys RV. Friends chip in to help

On Christmas Day (2018) Mike and Becky Reeves from LivingTheDashRV.com were preparing their Christmas Day dinner when tragedy suddenly struck. Water and hot cooking oil accidentally combined and no more than five minutes later their home and all belongings were gone.

Becky, who has MS, had inhaled significant smoke and was in shock. Mike was watching in disbelief. They are from Alaska had no family in Arizona. They did not have a tow vehicle so had no form of transportation. Mike’s wallet (credit cards, cash, identification) was lost in the fire so they have no access to financial resources.

We don’t know the exact circumstances of this fire, we’ll take the opportunity to remind you to never try to put out a cooking oil fire with water. This is what can happen.

But there was a silver lining: watch how their friends came to their aid.

Related posts

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.